Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years Everyone! 

Jordan had a great time at her Nana B's house with Kayden and Trent, her cousins.  She got to run almost completely wild and free. 

Emily, wasn't quite so happy.  The party started about an hour before her like-clock-work bedtime.  She was whiny and fussy.  Josh ended up taking Emily home where they battled out bedtime without Mommy.  Emily finally fell asleep on  Josh in our rocker recliner.  Sweetest thing I've seen in along time is the two of them cuddled up in my chair together.

Jordan cuddled up on the couch while I held Emily for a little while.  I transferred them both to their prospective beds, then watched the ball drop.

2010 saw a lot for the Parker Family. 
  • I started my graduate program and have maintained a 4.0 average across my first three semesters. 
  • Jordan started VPK three days a week and loves it.  I've never seen her learn and change so much as I have this past year. 
  • Emily turned one, learned to walk, talk, sing, and dance through the year with joy and laughter. 
  • Josh and I celebrated five years of marriage on a cruise to the Bahamas. 
  • I started teaching a new grade with a new team and a new classroom. 
  • I lost 20 pounds and reached my pre-pregnancy weight through self-control, a healthy diet, and exercise.
I have to wonder what 2011 has in store for us.  It feels like a waiting year since 2012 is going to be a big one for us.  I will graduate and Jordan will start Kindergarten.  For now, I will hope that we are able to restore some financial security.  I will hope for patience and strength in communication with my family members.  I will hope for peace of mind and clarity in decision making.

I am making a resolution to lose the last 20 pounds that will put me at my healthiest weight for my height and age.  I am resolving to maintain my 4.0 GPA.  I am resolving to be more patience with my oldest daughter, and more consistant with my younger daughter. 

Again, Happy New Year friends and family.  I pray for peace, hope, and love for you in this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment