Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Potty Time

Emily sat on the potty last night!  She has been very interested in the potty when Jordan is on it.  She tries to get in there and see what it's all about.  She has started to make it her job to make sure the seat is down at all times, which beats a month ago when she thought it was her job to throw things in the toilet. 

I have Jordan's old froggy potty placed in the hallway for emergencies and in case Emily gets interested.  She helped to take her pants and shirt off.  I took off her diaper and she was pleased as punch to plop onto the potty.  She sat there and rubbed her belly and played clapping games.  She sang twinkle twinkle.

She kept getting up to get toilet paper and pretending to wipe.  She sat for about 20 minutes but didn't got.  I am stuck between being excited that she is starting to feel ready and sad at her growing up.  She is my last baby.  She's no longer a baby really. She is well into toddlerdum. 

I don't really have any quirky anecdotes for Jordan tonight.  She has been very sweet and helpful but we're dealing with some sneakiness and not following directions.  She is just so motivated by establishing her unique self.  Everything is, "No, I'll do it." or "I want it to happen this way!".  Despite giving choices, time outs, and good old fashioned talking to's, we are making some progress but it's slow and frustrating.

I think my mom gets a kick out my interactions with Jordan.  She is so much like how I was when I was little.  It's all karma coming back around to kick me in the butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment