Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 3: Cleaning Day

Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning.  It had to get done.  1)The house was starting to look like a hoarder's house. 2)Thanksgiving is at my house. 3)The house was starting to smell like hoarder's house.  It is embarrassing to admit that I am a slob but there you have it.  I hate house work.  Although I like cooking for guests, I dislike the mess it causes and so even avoid much cooking.  Every break from school that I have, I usually spend almost half of it cleaning to get caught up.

I had extreme doubts about whether or not I was going to get the amount of cleaning done that needed to get done with a four year old and almost-two year old underfoot.  To my surprise....they were the easy part (until I got to the playroom).  The girls decided that they would play dress up and castle in their bedroom (and by they...I mean Jordan).  Jordy put Emily's pink princess dress on and she was dressed as Tiana (the New Orleans wedding dress).  They created a castle in the bedroom by taking down the bedrail and slanting the mattress of Jord's bed.  It look more like a lean-to...but who am I to dash the imaginatings of a four year old?

They played for almost an hour in there which allowed me to get the whole kitchen and dining room cleaned up.  By then, it was lunch time.  Tyson popcorn chicken and grapes were to follow.  Emily then, was out for the count.  That girls takes a serious naps still...from 1-4!  I napped on the couch while Jordan watched a movie.  After naptime I tacked the playroom.  I wish I had taken a before picture.  I do not enter the playroom often because it's a warzone and trip hazzard for an very clumsy mommy.  Jordan had "defeathered" a boa all over the room.  I had picked up almost all the feathers when Jord wandered in and realized what I had done.  She ran to the trash can and grabbed handfulls out, threw them into the air, and danced while they fall.

People, I try to live in the moment.  I try to think that she has such a great imagination and I am thankful that she is such a create person...but FEATHERS EVERYWHERE ARE NOT FUN!

The toughest part of the day was explaining to Jordan that it was time to get rid of the toys she doesn't play with anymore.  I like to get rid of a lot of toys this time of year since she will undoubtedly get a lot of Christmas.  Why add more mess to our mess?  I will be sorting and donating some toys while she sleeps tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment