Sunday, September 12, 2010

Saturdays are a blast

I took Jordan to her first school friend birthday party yesterday.  My wonderful husband kept Emily with him for what was a unknown number of hours.  Thank goodness he did because they had taken the gate down around their pool and Emily would have gone straight in. 

Jordan's friend's name is Olivia and she was turning three.  From what I can tell, Jordan is the oldest in her class.  Olivia's home was  huge!  They got her a petting zoo; complete with sheep, goats, chickens, rabbits, and a potbelly pig, and pony rides.  I got a lot of satisfaction watching how easy it is for her to introduce herself (and me) to everyone and just dive right in.  I loved meeting four of her classmates.  Seeing how she interacts with them and listening in on their conversations.  She and Paige seem to still together the most.  Paige was there with her dad and little brother.  We chatted some about how much they've changed since school started and the possibility of weekend playdates.  Another mom and I talked about how we aren't really interested in weekday playdates because WE'RE so tired after work and how much their vocabularies have grown.  It was a nice time.

On the drive home, I asked Jordan, "What was your most favorite part of the party?".  She answered, "The rabbits!  I loved those soft little bunnies!  Then swimming in their pool all by myself.  Then the pony ride!!!!"  Her squeaky voice getting higher and higher as her she is tell me this.  I had been very impressed with her confidence in the pool.  She has been swimming with a floatie at her Grandpa's pool.  She was eager to show off this new form of independence.  They had a floatie so she took and just jumped right in!

Emily had a fantastic day with her daddy.  They watched Baby Signing Time together and fell asleep on the recliner.  Those videos are her favorite and she does almost every sign in them now.  Getting her to use them in conversation is more challenging but we are using more and more so I think it will be great as the girls get older.

Since Emily was still asleep when we got home, I set Jordan up with a movie and fell into my fell exhausted from the heat and exersion of socializing with people I don't know!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment