Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dancing Queen

I knew they existed.  Yes.  I certainly knew that there were parents out there who act a little nuts when it comes to their kids activities. Jordan started dance class tonight.  She takes a 45 minute class once a week that is a combination tap, ballet, tumbling class.  She loves it.  Last season the parents sat in the waiting area and chatted quietly and there weren't too many of us out there.  The little girls danced in the smaller studio that doesn't have a window to view in.  This didn't really bother me.  This is Jordan's time to practice and I didn't want to be a distraction to her.  Tonight the dance studio was a MADHOUSE!!!  The girls were in the bigger studio with the viewing window.  Parents crowded around it; not letting their babies out of the sites for a millisecond.  This made it so hard on me since I was chasing Emily back and forth down the skinny waiting room/hallway.  Cut the cord people!  Maybe it was just because it was the first night of classes.  I hope they all calm down and I hope their kids aren't as high strung.

It's a school day tomorrow.  I love Jordan's school days.  I love the routine in the morning.  More than anything I love it when I see Jordan after school and get to hear all about her day.  It's exciting to me to know what she chose to do while she was away from her family members; how she enjoyed the activities and structure of the day.  I love hearing what snack she ate and how she liked it even though she prefers the graham crackers they sometimes get.  I love hearing about how she hardly needs any help to use the potty (a point of pride since so many in her class aren't trained yet).  I love hearing how her friendships are developing.  It's all so very interesting and exciting.

Then I glance at Emily and think...please...for goodness sake SLOW DOWN!  Ever new milestone makes me sadder and sadder.  I never thought I would fit into this stereotype!  She's my baby...she always will be.  We got Jordan a two wheeler with trainers for her fourth birthday.  Emily will be getting Jordan's old bike.  I'll bet she has that think figured out and wheeling all over the place before I know it.  I just want to cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment