Friday, September 23, 2011

New Structure

In my education blog, I discussed structure and the struggles I am having at work right now.  But I realize that perhaps lack of structure is a problem in other areas too.

A friend of mine has a fantastic blog about her life as a mother of 3 boys.  She is a great writer, often bringing me to tears.  She is quick witted and writes from a place of sincerity.  I am completely going to gank her structure right now in an effort to create more focus to my blogs entries.  Sometimes I look at this screen and think...this thing reads like a personal journal.  Where is the humor and interest?  Am I that out of practice in writing creatively?  The answer is yes.

So, Kimmay, I'm completely stealing (with honor) your idea of theming your days.  Kim does Take Action Tuesday and Song Wednesday.  I'll leave those to you but here is what I came up with...I may not do all of them every week but they will offer structure to my posts...I hope.

Sabbatical Saturday: around town activities to do with the kids.
Shopping Sunday: great deals or shopping excursions
Mystery Monday: riddles and puzzles the kids and I tried out
What's That? Wednesday: Questions the kids asked and/or reporting on something we didn't already know
Two-Step Thursday: dance and busy schedule stuff
Freedom Friday: anything goes!

I"m going to take my first Freedom Friday literately and put in a quote.  I think words are important.  Meaningful words can change your life.  They can lift the spirit and move a person into action.  They can ease pain and stroke the ego.  What we say and what we do are different and when they aren't in sync...we something hurt those we love.  Here is my Freedom Friday quote:

One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.
Eleanor Roosevelt (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/words_3.html)


Eleanore Roosevelt is one of my favorite historic women. Not only was she a women who worked within an area that was dominated by male academics and jurists, she worked hard to do what she believed was right, just, and humane for the citizens of America.
She was known for her common sense, optimism, ability to facilitate others.  These are all qualities I value and emulate to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment