Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Saddness

A Poem by Heidi Parker 10/12/10
When you know there is no healing, what do you pray for?


Peace, strength, acceptance?

I pray for peace…

     Peace for the hearts that deny there is anything wrong.

     Peace for the hearts that deny a strangers help

     Peace for the hearts that deny comfort to a loved one.

I pray for strength…

     Strength for the caregivers of in the sick

     Strength for the family members that have supported their efforts.

     Strength for the one left behind

I pray for acceptance…

     Acceptance for the stranger

     Acceptance of the hurt

     Acceptance of the final freedom

When distance keeps you from holding the ones who need it

When distance keeps you from your loved ones

When distance hardens your heart

     Who will lend you the comfort you need?



This poem is not related to being a Mom but a hurt I have on my heart right now that I need to let go of.

No comments:

Post a Comment